Get Free Home Security Price Quotes

ZIP:


Do I Need a Home Security System for my Arizona Home?

What are Crime Rates in Arizona?


A major crime occurs every 2 minutes and 5 seconds in Arizona, according to 2011 data from the Arizona Department of Public Safety.

Violent crimes such as murder, rape and aggravated assault account for about 10 percent of those crimes, while property crimes such as burglary and theft account for the remaining 90 percent.

Of violent crimes, aggravated assault was the most common with 15,272 incidents. Murder was the least common, with 339 offenses. Males were far more likely than females to commit violent crimes by a ratio of about 83 percent to 17 percent.

October was the most dangerous month, with 22,626 total criminal offenses, while February was the safest month, with 18,142 offenses.

Burglary in Arizona

Burglaries accounted for more than 20 percent of all major crime in Arizona in 2011. There were 52,155 incidents, and force was used to enter the home in more than half of those cases. Sadly, only 8 percent of those burglaries resulted in an arrest and conviction.

A whopping $137 million worth of cash and property was stolen during burglaries. The average loss per incident was $2,636.75. Only 19 percent of stolen cash and property was recovered.

And Arizona’s burglary rates are on the rise. The number of incidents increased 8.6 percent from 2010 to 2011.

Benefits of a Home Security System

About 20 million American homes are protected by home security systems, and for good reason. Among the many benefits:

  • Home security systems provide peace of mind that your family is safe and your home and valuables are protected.
  • Studies have shown that homes with alarm systems are far less likely to be burglarized. Need evidence? Check out this 2009 Rutgers University study or this 1998 study published in a respected journal.
  • Modern security systems offer far more than just burglar protection. They can be used to keep an eye on your children or turn lights on and off remotely. They alert emergency officials in the event of a fire.
  • Homeowners with security systems receive a discount on their homeowner’s insurance polices - usually 15 percent to 20 percent.
  • Even if your home is burglarized, the losses will be less with a home security system. Burglars will know they need to get out of the home fast to avoid police. According to the Electronic Security Association, the average loss for a home with an security system is $3,266, compared to $5,343 for homes without one.

Try Our Free Quote Request Tool!

Get connected to the best local home security companies and get free price quotes. You will never need to enter credit card or financial information. It's completely free and there are absolutely zero obligations. Give it a try!